Tuesday, June 10 I was inducted into the venerated brotherhood of B roll videographers.
Things I have done as a result:
1. Filled both of my boots (and socks) with water while ambitiously (or recklessly, OR stupidly) trudging through slushy tundra in search of a shot that wasn’t really necessary.
2. Rode on the back of a pickup bed with Kari whilst capturing images of Bethel with the Panasonic.
3. Ripped my jeans whilst dismounting from aforementioned pickup bed.
4. Saw a hill on the open tundra, realized my feet couldn’t get more wet, and decided to go for it.
5. Ran, zig-zagging and jumping over mud pits, until I reached the top of the hill.
6. Punched my fists in the air Rocky-style , basked in the sunlight and openness of the tundra, and laid down on the spongey ground to take a pan shot of Bethel.
7. Pulled an ATV out of one of the aforementioned mud pits.
8. Held a shot during a surprise visit from a wild pack of family dogs.
Watch out for updates and edits to this post! I’ll keep y’all in the know regarding the weird/entertaining things that happen to me while collecting B roll for the film.